CHUBU Catholic Church of Shimizu Japanese Name: カトリック清水教会
Founded on July 1933 by Father De Laet, a Catholic missionary who was in Shimizu at the time. The Gothic-style church and two-story Western-style rectory both have tatami flooring, which is quite rare for ecclesiastical buildings.
Schedule of Mass
Every Sunday at 10:30 a.m.
Please be reminded that this is an active Catholic church. Many local Catholics attend mass, so please be respectful.
From JR Shimizu Station, take one of the buses below or a taxi (about 2 km):
○ Shizutetsu Justline bus, Funakoshi Tsutsumi Koen line or Konan Kosei Byoin line: get off at the Hachibun-mae stop, walk for one minute
○ Yambara Baiinji line: get off of at the Okamachi bus stop and walk for one minute
○ Miho Yamanote line: get off at the Mansei-cho bus stop and walk for 1 km
○ Take the Shizuoka Tetsudo local train, get off at Irieoka Sta. and walk for 1 km
○ Take the Shimizu Liner JR Bus from Tokyo Sta. or a bus stop along the Tomei Expressway (reservation required), get off at Shin-Shimizu and take a bus or taxi for about 1.5 km
Address: 1-34 Okamachi Shimizu Area, Shizuoka City, Shizuoka Prefecture
Mass pamphlets are available in English and Tagalog (but assistance in either language is not provided).
Phone Number: +81-54-352-7188