Updated: October 31, 2019
The Typhoon Hagibis that hit Japan in October 2019, many tourism facilities in Japan have resumed regular operations and welcoming tourists. Details will be renewed and added from time to time, so please check the latest updates on each website.
Niigata Prefecture(Joetsu Region), Toyama Prefecture
Due to the impact of Typhoon No. 19 (Hagibis), operation of the Hokuriku Shinkansen had been suspended in the section from Nagano to Joetsu-Myoko.
Direct service on the Hokuriku Shinkansen (Tokyo - Kanazawa) has resumed from October 25 after restoration work and safety confirmation.
For tourism information and information about the access to Niigata Prefecture and Toyama Prefecture, please check the link below.
We look forward to your visit.
■Enjoy Niigata - Niigata Prefectural Tourism Association http://enjoyniigata.com/en/index.html
■Tourism Information in Toyama（Toyama Tourism Organization）
Access to Nagano Prefecture has mostly been restored.
Tourist spots are also operating normally with some expections, so please come and enjoy sightseeing in Nagano Prefecture.
Main railway operation status:
- Hokuriku Shinkansen (Tokyo~Kanazawa) Operating on provisional schedule
- Limited express Azusa (Shinjuku~Matsumoto) Operating on normal schedule
- Limited express Shinano (Nagoya~Nagano) Operating on normal schedule
Highway bus service status:
- All buses operating normally
- Joshin-Etsu Expressway Passable (two-way traffic between Usui-Karuizawa Interchange and Saku Interchange)
- Chuo Expressway Passable
Please check the latest information on the operation of and access to sightseeing spots from the following URL.
■Go NAGANO - Official Nagano Prefecture Tourism Website
The main tourist and accommodation facilities in the prefecture are operating normally with some exceptions. Please rest assured and enjoy the superb views of autumn leaves and the food in Ibaraki Prefecture. We look forward to your visit.
- Railways in the prefecture are operating normally, excluding the following sections: JR Suigun Line - Operation suspended between Hitachi-Omiya Station and Koriyama Station.
- All sections of highways (Joban Expressway, Kita-Kanto Expressway, Higashi-Kanto Expressway, Ken-O Expressway) in the prefecture are now open.
- The Mito-Kita Smart Interchange of Joban Expressway is currently closed, but the Mito Interchange can be used as usual.
Ibaraki Guide - Official Ibaraki Prefecture Tourism Website
(Simplified Chinese) https://sc.ibarakiguide.jp/
(Traditional Chinese) https://tc.ibarakiguide.jp/