View starry skies and an ocean sunrise from the magnificent outdoor baths!
Hotel Kanyo in Minamisanriku is more than just an overnight stay, it is a restorative retreat to be experienced with all five senses!
● See the Pacific Ocean spread out before you, or the starry night sky above you, from the open-air baths.
● Hear the sound of the waves crashing or the seagulls outside your window!
● Taste the unforgettable local seafood for dinner and breakfast.
● Smell the fresh, clean ocean air after escaping the city.
● Feel the town's stories of survival and recovery.
The hotel also offers various activities to staying guests:
Hotel Kanyo is located on the coast away from the bright lights of the cities. The lack of light pollution makes it the perfect location to enjoy views of starry night skies. Guests can enjoy star gazing on any clear night, but the hotel also arranges monthly 'star parties’ on the hotel roof where guests can make use of observatory equipment to enjoy a galactic experience!
Rooms: 244 rooms
● Japanese style : 255
● Japanese/Western style : 21
● Twin bed: 18
Sanriku Expressway: 25 minutes by Monou Tsuyama I.C → R45. / Sendai airport 90 minutes. Shuttles run from Sendai Station East Exit (reservation required)
〒986-0766 Miyagi 99-17, Shizugawa Kurosaki, Minamisanriku-cho Motoyoshi-gun
★ available in English and Chinese