Moerenuma Park モエレ沼公園
Enjoy art and exercise at one of Sapporo's largest parks
Isamu Noguchi, a famous Japanese-American artist and landscape architect designed Moerenuma Park as part of Sapporo's green zone. The whole park is a single sculpture.
- Admiring the view of the giant glass pyramid, Hidamari. You can even go inside
- The 360-degree view from the top of the sculpted mountain
- The Moerenuma Park Fireworks Festival in summer
- The sea fountain, spraying water up to 25 meters high
How to Get There
Moerenuma Park is accessible by subway and bus.
Catch a 6-minute Toho subway train to Kanjo Dori Higashi from Sapporo Station. From there, take the Chuo Bus Higashi 69 towards Ainosato Kyoikudai Station or Chuo Bus Higashi 79 towards Nakanuma Shogakko Dori. Get off at Moerenuma Koen Higashiguchi bus stop.
In addition to having tennis courts, a baseball field, athletic field and other sports areas, the park is used in winter for skiing and snow walks. You can enjoy skiing and sleds on Mt. Moere too.
* The information on this page may be subject to change due to COVID-19.