School Groups & Excursions
Beautiful, relaxing, profound, fashionable, mouth-watering, historic, exciting, majestic – which Japan would you like to experience?
A visit to Japan is a feast for all the senses: cityscapes beyond imagination, awe inspiring natural beauty, vibrant and unique festivals, delicious regional delicacies, refined and elegant gardens and architecture.
On a school excursion to Japan, you can experience firsthand a culture far more beautiful and diverse than your textbook could ever portray.
Become a part of this fascinating country, be captured by the people and the surroundings – It will be the greatest learning experience you can find. With genuine and heart-warming hospitality, Japan awaits you.
For brochure and poster requests, please contact us.
Six great reasons to visit Japan on a school excursion
Native interaction, firsthand experiences
Nothing compares to interacting with native Japanese people as a tool to improve learning the language. School visits and home stays provide students with the opportunity to immerse themselves in to Japanese culture.
Although Japan is often thought of as an expensive destination there are in fact a wide variety of budget accommodation and transport options, along with many free and inexpensive tourist attractions making Japan an affordable destination.
Well developed transport network
Japan’s transport network is very extensive and allows for speedy and efficient traveling. Major cities within the country are connected to each other by air, rail and highways.
High security standard
Japan has long led the world as one of the most crime-free economically advanced countries where even the larger cities are remarkably safe.
Location, Location, Location
Japan is only one hour behind Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) and three hours behind New Zealand Standard Time (NZST) meaning travelers experience almost no jetlag and more time can be spent exploring. Japan also has four distinct seasons with each regional area has its own unique climate and culture.
Sister City and Sister School Relationships
Japan has many Sister City and Sister School relationships with Australia and New Zealand promoting international exchange and cooperation between the nations.
Further Information & Resources
- Educational Tours to Japan – this brochure (pictured above) introduces some of Japan’s regional areas, educational attractions and activities, information on home-stay and school exchange and case studies.
- Preparatory Learning Guide for Educational Travel in Japan - This workbook is designed to help students prepare for their educational travel by prompting research on Japan’s geography, culture, lifestyle, and their upcoming school visit.
- List of school tour operators – travel agents specialising in arranging school tours to Japan
- Japan Educational Tours – contains list of educational contacts at local tourism bureaus, FAQs and more
Resources for specific regions in Japan
Note: listed alphabetically by prefecture
- Shinshu-Iiyama Tourism Bureau, Nagano Prefecture: Welcome to Iiyama - One-stop Iiyama School Trip Booking Service (PDF)
- Wakayama Prefecture: Homestays, School Exchanges and Field Trips