Travel Trade Resources for Travel Agents and Tour Operators
This section is for travel agents, wholesale, retail and tour operators. See below for the resources we have available to you. If you don't see the resources or support you need, please contact us.
The Japanese government is taking a staged approach to full reopening. From 10 June 2022, guided package tours were allowed to resume, and from 7 September 2022, non-guided package tours will be allowed to resume as well.
Information on the easing of travel restrictions to Japan (as of 9 September 2022)
Japan has announced that from 7 September 2022, the following changes have been implemented:
1. The daily cap on arrivals into the country has increased from 20,000 pax per day to 50,000.
2. Pre-departure PCR tests for triple-vaccinated travellers from Australia and New Zealand are no longer required.
3. Tourists entering on package tours, including non-guided package tours, from all countries/regions are accepted. These package tours, both guided and non-guided, must be organised by a travel agent.
Travellers departing from Australia and New Zealand fall under the ‘Blue’ group. They are not required to take a PCR test or quarantine on arrival, regardless of vaccination status. Please be aware that all travellers will need to apply for a visa.
Further easing of restrictions is expected to follow, but we do not have a timeline on when.
View / Download Image (118KB)
*Please note the above image has not yet been updated to reflect the removal of the PCR test requirement, nor the change from 'Guided Package Tour' to 'Package Tour (guided or non-guided)'.
The above information is also available in checklist form on this page:
JNTO | For Tourists on Guided Package Tours - Process Map and Checklist
View / Download Image (111KB)
For more information on the process, visa application procedures, entry requirements and quarantine rules please refer to the following links:
- JNTO | Briefing on the Easing of Travel Restrictions to Japan
- Ministry of Health Labour and Welfare | FAQ in English
* Refer to the PDF titled 'English' at the bottom of the page under the header ‘Q&A’ for the latest document.
- MOFA (Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan) | Border measures to prevent the spread of novel coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Embassy or Consulates-General of Japan in Australia
- Embassy or Consulates-General of Japan in New Zealand