Resources for Travel Agents and Tour Operators
This section is for travel agents, wholesale, retail and tour operators. See below for a complete list of the information available. Some information can be downloaded in PDF format. We hope you find these pages useful!
Brochures, maps and posters
We can provide you with hard-copy brochures and maps for your own reference as well as for your clients' information packs, and posters for you to display in store or at client evenings you hold. Please contact us if you would like us to send you materials. Be sure to let us know what cities/regions or themes you are interested in and provide your postal address.
- Online training programme
Certification available at three levels: Japan Travel Specialist (beginner), Master of Japan Travel (intermediate) and Japan Travel Guru (advanced)
Supplementing the E-learning series with training videos to further deepen your knowledge of Japan.
- Episode 1: Introduction to Japan
- Episode 2: Japan's Regions and Model Routes (+ partner Hoshino Resorts TOMAMU)
- Episode 3: Key Rail and Transport Passes (+ partner Tokyo Metropolitan Government)
- Episode 4: Luxury & Wellness in Greater Kansai (+ partner Prince Hotels & Resorts)
- Episode 5: Art-Lover's Paradise: Western Japan (+ partner Oita Prefecture)
- Episode 6: Introduction to Kyushu: Endless Energy and Wild Beauty (+ partner Fukuoka Prefecture)
- Episode 7: Introduction to Shikoku through its history and natural wonders
- Episode 8: Introduction to Hokkaido - Green Season Activities
- Episode 9: Japan's Ski & Snowboard Regions (+ partner Nagano Prefecture)
- Episode 10: Cycling Destinations Around Japan
- Episode 11: Family Travel in the Kanto Region
- Episode 12: Resort Destinations Part 1: Waterfront & Mountainous Resorts (+ partner Okinawa Prefecture)
- Episode 13: Resort Destinations Part 2: Onsen Towns, Glamping and City Stays (+ partner Toyooka City/Kinosaki Onsen)
- Episode 14: National Parks (+ partners Tokyu Hotels and Shizuoka Prefecture) - premiering Thu 05 November 11am AEDT
(*Note: Episodes with a partner supplier begin with a JNTO presentation and end with partner content. They are not branded or sponsored.)
We send the latest trade news about upcoming events and promotions to travel professionals in our monthly e-newsletter: ‘Japan Travel Trade Newsletter’.
See below for the leisure trade newsletter archives. For business events (MICE) industry professionals, please see our Meetings & Events page for archives of the Japan Meetings & Events Newsletter.
List your contacts and products
We introduce a list of tour operators based in Australia and New Zealand, and their associated Japan products, on our website. Contact us to learn more.
Japan Travel Trade Newsletter Archives
- September 2020 - Japan Travel Trade Newsletter - Dreaming Edition 06
- August 2020 - Japan Travel Trade Newsletter - Dreaming Edition 05
- July 2020 - Japan Travel Trade Newsletter - Dreaming Edition 04
- June 2020 - Japan Travel Trade Newsletter - Dreaming Edition 03
- May 2020 - Japan Travel Trade Newsletter - Dreaming Edition 02
- April 2020 - Japan Travel Trade Newsletter - Dreaming Edition 01
- February 2020 - Japan Agent Update February 2020
- January 2020 - Japan Agent Update January 2020
- October 2019 - Japan Agent Update October 2019
- August 2019 - Japan Agent Update August 2019
- June 2019 - Japan Agent Update June 2019
- May 2019 - Japan Agent Update May 2019
- April 2019 - Japan Agent Update April 2019
- March 2019 - Japan Agent Update March 2019
- February 2019 - Japan Agent Update February 2019
- January 2019 - Japan Agent Update January 2019
- December 2018 - Japan Agent Update December 2018
- November 2018 - Japan Agent Update November 2018