Central Japan Railway Company has launched the Alpine-Takayama-Matsumoto Area Pass due to to increase in popularity of the Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route with tourists overseas.
The pass starting from Nagoya allows convenient access to Takayama and Matsumoto.
(1) Subject Sections
- Conventional JR Lines: Nagoya – Toyama (via Tokaido/Takayama line), Nagoya – Shinano-Omachi (via Chuo/Shinonoi/Oito Line)
- Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route: Dentetsu-Toyama-Shinano-Omachi
|Adult||Children (aged between 6 and 11)|
|17,500 yen||8,750 yen|
(3) Validity period
Five (5) consecutive days
JR conventional lines
- Unlimited use of non-reserved seats in ordinary cars on JR limited express, rapid and local trains between Nagoya – Toyama (via Tokaido line/Takayama line), Nagoya – Shinano-Omachi (via Chuo line/Shinonoi line/Oito line)
- Reserved seats on ordinary cars can be used up to 4 times as well
(Note: Excludes the Home Liner. If boarding the Home Liner, a separate ticket is required.)
All lines of the Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route
- Unlimited use of public transportation listed below between Dentetsu-Toyama and Shinano-Omachi
- Toyama Chihou Tetsudou line between Dentetsu-Toyama and Tateyama (Excluding reserved seats on limited express trains)
- The following transportation between Tateyama – Kurobeko: Tateyama Cable Car/Tateyama Highland Bus/Tateyama Tunnel Trolleybus/Tateyama Ropeway/Kurobe Cable Car
- Kanden Tunnel Trolley bus between Kurobe Dam-Ogisawa
- Local bus between Ogisawa – Shinano-Omachi
(5) Usage period
- Saturday, 16th April through Sunday, 13th November 2016
(To go on sale at participating overseas travel agencies from April, 2016)
Only customers that have a passport issued by a nation other than Japan and whose visa status in Japan is “Short-term stay”.
(7) Purchase and exchange
- After purchasing at participating overseas travel agencies, the customer will receive a miscellaneous charges order (MCO) that can be exchanged for the pass after entry into Japan at the following JR Central stations or at designated branches of JR Tokai Tours, Inc. (passports must be presented)
- Participating travel agencies include: JTB, Nippon Travel Agency, Kinki Nippon Tourist Co, Tobu Top Tours, Japan Airlines
- JR Central: Tokyo, Shinagawa, Shin-Yokohama, Kyoto, Shin-Osaka
- JR Tokai Tours: Tokyo, Shinagawa, Shin-Yokohama
Other than the locations listed above, reserved seats can be booked at main stations of JR Central, JR West and JR East that are on the route of the ticket.
Visit Touristpass.jp for more information.